Christopher & Banks is looking for a Full-Time Assistant Store Manager for our Williamsburg Premium Outlets location.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in managing store operations to ensure a great customer experience and maximum profitability. They perform all management functions in the absence of the Store Manager.
How you will spend your time...
Leadership and People Management
- Assist the Store Manager in the recruiting, hiring and development of store Associates.
- Demonstrate professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect for others to support an environment that positions Christopher & Banks as an employer of choice.
- Deliver timely coaching and feedback to staff when appropriate; provide feedback to and support Store Manager with performance issues.
- Promote a store environment that is sharply focused on consistently delivering exceptional in-store shopping experiences.
- Provide and model excellent customer service including strong product knowledge and sales floor awareness to ensure that all customers are greeted and assisted.
- Facilitate team communication; reinforcing that Associates at every level are focused and accountable to customer service
Drive the Business and Deliver Results
- Support the achievement of store sales goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assist Store Manager in building brand awareness and promoting company image through partnerships and activities with the community and mall, and by planning and executing grassroots marketing activities.
- Assist Store Manager in sustaining a highly satisfied and loyal customer base through engagement, effective selling techniques and conversion to drive a sustainable sales trend.
- Support Store Manager in maintaining the general operations of the store, and adhere to all operational procedures to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Participate in the execution of corporate directives within designated time-frames.
- Support compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, Code of Conduct, loss prevention policies, and operational policies and procedures.
- Participate in the execution of visual merchandising updates to ensure the store is consistently merchandised according to visual guidelines. Support the Store Manager in holding team accountable to standards.
- Assist Store Manager in maintaining a visually appealing store, ensuring that visual merchandising, organization and safety are kept to the highest standard.
- Professionally represent the brand image and ensure all Associates meet the same standards.
What you will need to be successful...
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of retail experience, Christopher & Banks experience preferred
- Strong emphasis/experience in the customer service industry
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Specialty store experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of retail selling skills with a customer service focus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
- Ability to foster teamwork and collaboration
- Knowledge of retail math and the application of concepts and daily operations
- Ability to operate point of sale (POS) register system with proficiency
- Regular attendance and the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel as required
Always in style, your career at Christopher & Banks....
When Gil Braun opened the first Braun’s Fashions in Minneapolis, Minn., in 1956, he opened it with “her” in mind: local women who were full of life and wisdom, confident in their beliefs and in search of styles that made them feel fabulous at a price they would love. That spirit continued when Braun’s Fashions opened its first stores under the Christopher & Banks banner in 2000. The same year, the company introduced CJ Banks, opening 20 stores designed to meet the need for sizes 14-24 in the underserved women’s apparel market.
Today, Christopher & Banks operates almost 500 stores nationally, and still focuses on putting “her” first, providing our customers with style, value and service that help her look fabulous and feel amazing, every day and for life’s special moments. Missy, women’s and petite sizes are available in stores and online for our customers’ convenience. Please read more about us at www.Christopherandbanks.com.