Christopher and Banks is looking for a Store Manager for our location at the Lansing Mall.
The Store Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the store. This key position is accountable for delivering results through effective management of store operations and Associates while ensuring an excellent customer experience.
How you will spend your time...
- Leadership and People Management
- Attract, hire, develop, inspire and retain top talent.
- Model professionalism, integrity and respect for others, creating an environment that positions Christopher & Banks as an employer of choice.
- Set clear goals and expectations and provide timely and consistent performance feedback to maximize the success and selling potential of all Associates.
- Customer Service
- Build a store environment that is sharply focused on consistently delivering exceptional in-store shopping experiences.
- Provide and model excellent customer service and relationship building behaviors to drive customer loyalty.
- Ensure team communication; reinforcing that Associates at every level are focused and accountable to customer service.
- Drive the Business and Deliver Results
- Accountable to achieve or exceed store sales goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Continually assess business performance and create action plans to improve sales, including grassroots efforts and mall marketing.
- Build a highly satisfied and loyal customer base through engagement, effective selling techniques and conversion to drive a sustainable sales trend.
- Manage general operations of the store, and adhere to all operational procedures to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Manage and participate in the execution of corporate directives within designated timeframes.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, Code of Conduct, loss prevention policies, and operational policies and procedures.
- Visual Standards/Brand
- Lead the execution of visual merchandising updates to ensure the store is consistently merchandised according to visual guidelines, and hold team accountable to the standards.
- Maintain a visually appealing store, ensuring that visual merchandising, proper housekeeping, organization and safety are kept to the highest standard.
- Professionally represent the brand image and ensure all Associates meet the same standards.
What you will need to be successful...
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years retail experience, Christopher & Banks experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- 1-2 years specialty store experience preferred
- Strong emphasis/experience in store operations function and/or customer service industry
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales results
- Strong visual merchandising background preferred
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to make decisions in the best interest of the business
- Excellent knowledge of retail selling skills with a customer service focus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
- Ability to foster teamwork and collaboration
- Knowledge of retail math and the application of concepts and daily operations
- Ability to operate point of sale (POS) register system with proficiency
- Regular attendance and the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to make bank deposits in accordance with the Company’s bank deposit guidelines.
- Ability to travel as required
Always in style, your career at Christopher & Banks....
When Gil Braun opened the first Braun’s Fashions in Minneapolis, Minn., in 1956, he opened it with “her” in mind: local women who were full of life and wisdom, confident in their beliefs and in search of styles that made them feel fabulous at a price they would love. That spirit continued when Braun’s Fashions opened its first stores under the Christopher & Banks banner in 2000. The same year, the company introduced CJ Banks, opening 20 stores designed to meet the need for sizes 14-24 in the underserved women’s apparel market.
Today, Christopher & Banks operates almost 500 stores nationally, and still focuses on putting “her” first, providing our customers with style, value and service that help her look fabulous and feel amazing, every day and for life’s special moments. Missy, women’s and petite sizes are available in stores and online for our customers’ convenience. Please read more about us at www.Christopherandbanks.com.