Christopher & Banks is looking for a Benefits & Leaves Specialist for our Corporate Office in Plymouth, MN.
The Benefits & Leaves Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day administrative activities of the Company's leave of absence, workers' compensation, and medical accommodation programs. In addition, this position provides administrative support as needed for the Company's health & welfare and retirement programs.
How you will spend your time...
- Serve as the first point of contact for leave of absence, workers' compensation, and medical accommodation inquiries by phone, fax, and email. Sort and prioritize inquires, resolving those that are minor in nature and escalating more complex issues to the Benefits & Leaves Analyst for handling. Maintain the electronic filing system for leave-related documents.
- Review new leave requests to determine eligibility. Provide required leave and benefits-related paperwork and correspondence, review completed paperwork received, and monitor the Associates status throughout the duration of the leave.
- Maintain leave and workers' compensation/OSHA date in the HRIS/payroll system.
- Perform other administrative tasks related to the Company's medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), and other benefit programs such as preparing benefit packets and correspondence/mailings, as well as other HR administrative tasks. Serve as a back-up for the Benefits & Leaves Analyst.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations in all areas of responsibility.
- Participate in Human Resources projects as needed.
What you need to be successful...
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 1 year of previous HR work experience, HR training, or HR education
- Human Resources internship preferred
- Detail and process oriented
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
- Strong analytics aptitude
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact positively with customers and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a team environment
Always in style, your career at Christopher & Banks....
When Gil Braun opened the first Braun’s Fashions in Minneapolis, Minn., in 1956, he opened it with “her” in mind: local women who were full of life and wisdom, confident in their beliefs and in search of styles that made them feel fabulous at a price they would love. That spirit continued when Braun’s Fashions opened its first stores under the Christopher & Banks banner in 2000. The same year, the company introduced CJ Banks, opening 20 stores designed to meet the need for sizes 14-24 in the underserved women’s apparel market.
Today, Christopher & Banks operates almost 500 stores nationally, and still focuses on putting “her” first, providing our customers with style, value and service that help her look fabulous and feel amazing, every day and for life’s special moments. Missy, women’s and petite sizes are available in stores and online for our customers’ convenience. Please read more about us at www.Christopherandbanks.com.