Christopher & Banks is looking for an Allocation Analyst for our Corporate Office in Plymouth, MN.
The Allocation Analyst is responsible for formulating and executing allocation strategies ensuring optimal in-store inventory levels that deliver the desired sales and margin goals for the Company. In partnership with Merchandising and Planning teams, ensures timely flow of merchandise from the Distribution Center to stores to support the assortment strategy and in-store marketing events.
How you will spend your time...
- Utilize financial metrics to create store rankings by department, class and/or product attributes. Develop allocation strategies to optimize inventory with new receipts, transfers and consolidations. Execute store assortment plan with the allocation process.
- Execute inventory allocations relative to marketing events and promotions to maximize sales. Distribute merchandise in preparation for new store openings, ensuring appropriate stock levels to support pro-forma sales plans.
- Lead the analysis and reporting of store performance relative to size selling, color selling, specialized category sales or geographical needs to support the creation of store clusters. Formulate and execute appropriate pre-pack sizes and components to maximize division's inventory utilization while maintaining store service levels.
- Determine most effective means of creating each pre-pack to ensure allocation goals of maximizing store turn and sales volume are met. Analyze store inventory unit per square foot and weeks-of-supply relative to chain-wide averages to identify and correct stores with excessive stock positions or high inventory needs.
- Develop and provide appropriate ad-hoc inventory analysis and recommendations to influence future purchases and assortment strategies, as necessary.
What you need to be successful...
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of allocation or replenishment experience
- Minimum 2 years of fashion retail experience in merchandise allocation/inventory management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel including using pivot tables, formulas, and data manipulation for data retrieval tools
- Knowledge of allocation systems
- Clear understanding of basic financial measures: sell-thru percentage, stock-to-sales relationships, weeks-of-supply, etc.
- Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Always in style, your career at Christopher & Banks....
When Gil Braun opened the first Braun’s Fashions in Minneapolis, Minn., in 1956, he opened it with “her” in mind: local women who were full of life and wisdom, confident in their beliefs and in search of styles that made them feel fabulous at a price they would love. That spirit continued when Braun’s Fashions opened its first stores under the Christopher & Banks banner in 2000. The same year, the company introduced CJ Banks, opening 20 stores designed to meet the need for sizes 14-24 in the underserved women’s apparel market.
Today, Christopher & Banks operates almost 500 stores nationally, and still focuses on putting “her” first, providing our customers with style, value and service that help her look fabulous and feel amazing, every day and for life’s special moments. Missy, women’s and petite sizes are available in stores and online for our customers’ convenience. Please read more about us at www.Christopherandbanks.com.