Christopher & Banks is looking for a Vice President - Controller for our Corporate Office in Plymouth, MN.
The Vice President – Controller, Tax and Treasury is responsible for managing financial accounting, tax and treasury-related activities of the Company.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP; prepare board level information, including audit committee materials.
- Design, implement and maintain appropriate internal controls.
- Lead SEC and related financial reporting, including Form 10-Q, Form 10-K and periodic reports on Form 8-K.
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audit by the Company’s independent public accounting firm.
- Monitor GAAP and SEC developments and lead the adoption of new accounting and disclosure rules.
- Manage an outsourced tax department that prepares the US consolidated federal and state tax returns, facilitates tax audits and executes tax planning.
- Lead the treasury function responsible for banking relationship management, corporate liquidity, investments and credit facility compliance.
- Coach and develop team to maximize performance and ensure job satisfaction, retention and future advancement. Evaluate and recommend appropriate organizational structure to support changing business needs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA or Master’s degree in Finance preferred
- Minimum 15 years of corporate finance experience, preferably in a retail environment
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
- Minimum 2 years of public accounting experience
- Prior Big 4 experience preferred
- Understanding of SOX compliance
- Ability to analyze financial statements and numerical reports
- Proven leadership and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of integrity
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong executive presence
- Strong financial acumen including budgeting and P&L responsibility
- Ability to prioritize in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Assertiveness and a strong initiative to drive change
- Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships
- Ability to develop and mentor a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel
Always in style, your career at Christopher & Banks....
When Gil Braun opened the first Braun’s Fashions in Minneapolis, Minn., in 1956, he opened it with “her” in mind: local women who were full of life and wisdom, confident in their beliefs and in search of styles that made them feel fabulous at a price they would love. That spirit continued when Braun’s Fashions opened its first stores under the Christopher & Banks banner in 2000. The same year, the company introduced CJ Banks, opening 20 stores designed to meet the need for sizes 14-24 in the underserved women’s apparel market.
Today, Christopher & Banks operates almost 500 stores nationally, and still focuses on putting “her” first, providing our customers with style, value and service that help her look fabulous and feel amazing, every day and for life’s special moments. Missy, women’s and petite sizes are available in stores and online for our customers’ convenience. Please read more about us at www.Christopherandbanks.com.