Christopher & Banks is looking for a District Manager in the Oklahoma market.
The District Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all aspects of store operations to maximize sales and profitability and to support Company business objectives within a defined number of stores. The District Manager will promote and develop a sales culture to ensure an exceptional customer shopping experience. The District Manager is the primary liaison between assigned stores, the Regional Manager and the Corporate office.
How you will spend your time...
Sales and Business Growth and Development
- Support store teams to achieve or exceed store Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by executing sales, maintaining high standards of merchandise placement and integrating all Corporate strategies throughout the district.
- Identify opportunities and drive strategies within the district that will lead to improved performance and profitability.
- Continually assess business performance and create action plans to improve sales, including grassroots efforts and mall marketing.
Leadership and People Development
- Attract, hire, develop and retain top talent.
- Model professionalism, integrity and respect for others, creating an environment that positions Christopher & Banks as an employer of choice.
- Mentor store teams to excel in their positions, building a broad bench of talent for future growth.
- Ensure communications within the district is consistent.
- Build an environment within the district that is sharply focused on consistently delivering exceptional in-store shopping experiences.
- Hold store teams accountable for excellent customer service and building relationships to drive customer loyalty.
Operations and Cost Control
- Monitor and manage expenses, including payroll, within the district to achieve profitability.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and Code of Conduct.
- Implement and enforce all operational policies and procedures, including inventory control, loss prevention procedures and store audits.
- Hold stores accountable for visual merchandising updates to ensure the district is consistently merchandised according to visual guidelines and represents the brand image.
Additional Responsibilities/ Direct or Indirect Reports
- Adhere to Company policies, procedures and Core Values
- Direct Reports include: Store Managers
- Travel required up to 80% of the time including overnight travel
What you will need to be successful...
Education: High School Diploma required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of retail management experience, Christopher & Banks experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of multi-unit leadership within specialty retail preferred
- Strong emphasis/experience in store operations function
- Excellent knowledge of retail selling skills with a customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales results
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to make decisions in the best interest of the business
- Ability to develop and mentor a team
- Knowledge of retail math and the application of concepts and daily operations
- Strong visual merchandising background
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Always in style, your career at Christopher & Banks....
When Gil Braun opened the first Braun’s Fashions in Minneapolis, Minn., in 1956, he opened it with “her” in mind: local women who were full of life and wisdom, confident in their beliefs and in search of styles that made them feel fabulous at a price they would love. That spirit continued when Braun’s Fashions opened its first stores under the Christopher & Banks banner in 2000. The same year, the company introduced CJ Banks, opening 20 stores designed to meet the need for sizes 14-24 in the underserved women’s apparel market.
Today, Christopher & Banks operates almost 500 stores nationally, and still focuses on putting “her” first, providing our customers with style, value and service that help her look fabulous and feel amazing, every day and for life’s special moments. Missy, women’s and petite sizes are available in stores and online for our customers’ convenience. Please read more about us at www.Christopherandbanks.com.