Christopher & Banks is hiring a Manager - Financial Controls and External Reporting for our Corporate office located in Plymouth, MN!
The Manager - Financial Controls & External Reporting is responsible for lease accounting, equity, technical accounting research, and other functions as assigned. Serves as management's leader for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance matters related to controls over financial processes and financial reporting, including responsibility for working with various SOX control owners on the design and implementation of controls. Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and analyses, including required external SEC reporting (10K, 10Q and 8Ks).
How you will spend your time...
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of the Company's financial operations. This includes:
- Ensure all reporting and compliance requirements are fulfilled
- Provide reports for presentations to the CEO, Board of Directors and Audit Committee, including quarterly reporting obligations, regulatory requirements, and risk and opportunities
- Maintain policies and procedures for the effective recording, analyzing and reporting of all financial matters in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles ("GAAP") and other regulatory or legal requirements.
- Research emerging accounting pronouncements and analyze relevance to the Company's financial statements
- Annually update FAS 131 Reportable Segment Analysis
- Review quarterly and annual asset impairment analysis
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by Direct Reports to this position
- Responsible for calculation of the Company's EPS dilution factors
- Oversight of the lease accounting system and transition to ASC 842 accounting
- Review monthly lease accounting entires related to straight-line rent and contingent rent
- Responsible for researching technical questions regarding ASC 842 implementation
- Responsible for administration of Company stock based compensation plans including calculation of stock-based compensation expense and FAS123R financial reporting and reconciliation of all equity-related transactions between the equity accounting software, the general ledger and the Company's transfer agent.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls and safeguards including compliance with SOX by working cross-functionally with control owners on the design and implementation of controls.
- Serve as Finance organization expert on internal control issues and provide feedback on SOX controls, issues and best practices
- Work cross-functionally to update documented processes and controls, including operational, financial, and IT General Controls
- Collaborate with Internal Audit on annual risk assessments
- Identify and implement effective remediation plans for any deficiencies identified by Internal Audit or the Company's external auditors.
- Responsible for preparation of SEC and related financial reporting, including quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, annual report on Form 10-K and periodic reports on Form 8-K. Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulatory and disclosure agreements.
What you will need to be successful....
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of public accounting experience
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel
- Through understanding of SOX compliance best practices
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to develop and mentor a team
Always in style, your career at Christopher & Banks....
When Gil Braun opened the first Braun’s Fashions in Minneapolis, Minn., in 1956, he opened it with “her” in mind: local women who were full of life and wisdom, confident in their beliefs and in search of styles that made them feel fabulous at a price they would love. That spirit continued when Braun’s Fashions opened its first stores under the Christopher & Banks banner in 2000. The same year, the company introduced CJ Banks, opening 20 stores designed to meet the need for sizes 14-24 in the underserved women’s apparel market.
Today, Christopher & Banks operates almost 500 stores nationally, and still focuses on putting “her” first, providing our customers with style, value and service that help her look fabulous and feel amazing, every day and for life’s special moments. Missy, women’s and petite sizes are available in stores and online for our customers’ convenience. Please read more about us at www.Christopherandbanks.com.