Christopher & Banks is looking for a Sr. Payroll Specialist for our Corporate Office in Plymouth, MN.
The Sr. Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the confidential processing of payroll for an assigned group of Christopher & Banks retail stores and/or Corporate associates.
How you will spend your time...
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of benefits, leaves and unemployment, stock, car allowances, cash requirements, journal entries, 401k funding, etc. Serve as back up for pay run processing and garnishments.
- Process all new hire paperwork, status changes and terminations.
- Audit payroll information for accuracy and SOX compliance.
- Administer and run payrolls for 3 separate companies in accordance with operating procedures and deadlines ensuring that all are processed efficiently, accurately and are paid on time, working to strict deadlines.
- Reviews, analyzes, verifies, and reconciles payroll reports and documents for accuracy; makes necessary adjustments or corrections.
- File paperwork and open mail
What you will need to be successful...
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years payroll experience handling multi-state payrolls required
- Prior multi-state payroll experience with at least 1,000 employees preferred
- ADP experience is required
- Knowledge of ADP Enterprise and ADP Timesaver (or equivalent) preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills; listening, written and phone skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills including the ability to troubleshoot problems and recognize areas for process improvements
- Ability to mentor and train others
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills
- CPP/FPC Certification preferred
Always in style, your career at Christopher & Banks....
When Gil Braun opened the first Braun’s Fashions in Minneapolis, Minn., in 1956, he opened it with “her” in mind: local women who were full of life and wisdom, confident in their beliefs and in search of styles that made them feel fabulous at a price they would love. That spirit continued when Braun’s Fashions opened its first stores under the Christopher & Banks banner in 2000. The same year, the company introduced CJ Banks, opening 20 stores designed to meet the need for sizes 14-24 in the underserved women’s apparel market.
Today, Christopher & Banks operates almost 500 stores nationally, and still focuses on putting “her” first, providing our customers with style, value and service that help her look fabulous and feel amazing, every day and for life’s special moments. Missy, women’s and petite sizes are available in stores and online for our customers’ convenience. Please read more about us at www.Christopherandbanks.com.